Please note that this installation guide is for approved installers only.
New Chargers from Garo
When you order new Garo Chargers, these will often be pre-configured by Garo, please contact us by submitting a ticket above so we can help move the chargers to the correct location.
Please include the M-number of the charger in the request to us.
The charger already exists in SmartCharge, therefore you will not need to follow the steps below for adding it to the portal.
Changing provider to SmartCharge on Existing Chargers
If the location already exists and the backend URL needs to be changed, please contact our support through this website by pressing submit a request in the top right corner.
In this case, we will send a file for you to configure the charger correctly for our backend. This needs to be uploaded onto a memory stick and into the charger. A certified installer will need to do this process.
Please include whether you require the 4G setup, or LAN setup so we send you the correct files.
SmartCharge set up
Once the configuration has been done with a memory stick, please follow the next steps below to add the charger to SmartCharge
- The charger ID/M-number is used when the charger is added to SmartCharge.
- In the SmartCharge portal go to “add point” in the menu on the left side.
- Find the correct location and press next.
- Add a charge point name, we recommend staying clear of customer names, but making it easy for a successor to also understand what charger you are referring to and also staying within GDPR guidelines. Make it logic.
- Find the correct Charging box model from the drop-down list, select the correct circuit and enter the M-Number instead of the generated Device ID.
- Please note that if you are adding one charger with dual points, two points will automatically appear when you select the charger in the drop-down, you will only need to give the second point a name and the rest of the information is duplicated from the first.
- Press Create boxes. It may say status “uninstalled” for up to 30 minutes after the point is added and the charger is connected while the charger and system are connecting, however, if it takes longer than this, please check that the charger is online and has power. If everything looks ok, please reboot the charger locally.
Please sign in to leave a comment.